Her Majesty’s Theatre, Ballarat 14 May – 24 May 2020
Director: Matthew Henderson
Musical Director: Geoff Martin
Choreographer: Natalya Munro
Choral Director: Majella Muller
Costume Design: Linda Blake
About the show
On a small Greek island, Sophie dreams of a perfect wedding — one which includes her father giving her away. The problem? Sophie doesn’t know who he is! Her mother Donna, the former lead singer of the 1970s pop group Donna and the Dynamos, refuses to talk about the past, so Sophie decides to take matters into her own hands. Sneaking a peek in her mother’s old diaries, she discovers three possible fathers: Sam, Bill, and Harry. She secretly invites all three to the wedding, convinced that she’ll know her father when she sees him. But when all three turn up, it may not be as clear as she thought! Told through the legendary music of ABBA, Mamma Mia! has become a worldwide sensation that has audiences everywhere dancing for the last 21 years.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR AUDITION
YOU CAN BOOK YOUR AUDITION AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE OR CLICK HERE
- Friday 1 November 2019 - from 6.00pm - Solo Auditions ** Audition pianist available
- Saturday 2 November 2019 - from 9.00am – Solo Auditions ** Audition pianist spots available between 9:30-11:50am only.
- Sunday 3 November 2019 - from 10.00am – Solo Auditions, Dance Auditions as required & Call backs as required
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking cast members of diverse ethnicity, build and ages. Auditionees must have turned 16 on or before opening night - 14 May 2020. Please see Principal, Featured Ensemble, Ensemble and Offstage Booth Singer descriptions below for details and vocal requirements. All roles are available. No roles have been precast.
BLOC Music Theatre Hall – 608 Peel Street North, Black Hill
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS - IMPORTANT
- Read all of this information
- Minimum age for Auditionees: You must have turned 16 on or before Opening Night - 14 May 2020
- Fill in the Online Booking Form below
- Each auditionee will have a 10 minute time slot
- All auditionees, should prepare two contrasting songs from either contemporary music theatre or pop rock. Auditionees should avoid music by ABBA
- Your time in the room is limited so make sure you are showcasing the best part of the song which showcases your vocal ability
- If you are using a recorded accompaniment, please ensure it is MP3 Player/Phone. Internet access at BLOC is poor and may not be available in the audition room, do not rely upon accessing playback from the internet
- An audition pianist will be available for the Friday night and some Saturday morning auditions only. Please bring sheet music in the key in which you wish to sing. Please ensure your music is in a folder or sticky-taped together. Clearly noting any cuts and pick up points
- Principal and Featured Ensemble auditionees, should download and review the appropriate material. You may be asked to present this as well as your own song during your audition
- You may be offered a call back during your solo audition for the Sunday for either further scene work or a dance call. It is important to note that receiving a call-back does not guarantee you being cast in the show, and not receiving a call-back does not mean you will not be cast
- Come to your audition wearing comfortable clothes as you may be required to do some movement
- ALL known commitments which may conflict with scheduled rehearsals should be noted on your audition form
- No family, friends etc will be permitted in the audition room
- Relax and enjoy the process !
Character Breakdown (click to open in a new window) (click to open in a new window)
ON THE DAY OF YOUR AUDITION
- Arrive 15 minutes before your audition time
- Let the team know you have arrived
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes and bring water – you will be nervous and that will dry your throat
- Make sure you know your song well. Confidence is key to a successful audition.
- Double check you have the sheet music or backing track ready to go.
- Be prepared that you may be asked to read a small excerpt from the script in your audition.
- Enjoy yourself and have fun with it!
- Meet and greet - Sunday 1 December 2019
- First rehearsal - Tuesday 28 January 2020
- Technical week starts Sunday 3 May 2020
- First Performance - Thursday 14 May 2020
- Final Performance - Sunday 24 May 2020
CASTING PANEL AND INFORMATION
The audition panel will consist of the Director, Musical Director, Choreographer and Choral Director and
other production team members as deemed necessary to this process.
The Production team reserves the right to offer early or late auditions and to fill any un-cast roles, or re-cast roles, as necessary, at a later time.
You are required to attend all rehearsals for which you are called, especially tech rehearsals and ALL performances. Absences are NOT tolerated unless cleared in advance with the Director.
BOOK YOUR AUDITION BELOW BY SELECTING EITHER "BACKING TRACK" OR "PIANIST"
8,360 total views, 7 views today