Thursday 13th December till Sunday 16th December.
Please read the information on this page and the following pages carefully before you book your audition.
Age of auditionees
Beauty and the Beast will consist of both an adult and kids cast.
To be eligible to audition for the kids cast, you must have turned 10 , but not have turned 17 on Opening Night 27th June 2019.
To be eligible for the adult cast you must have turned 17 by Opening Night 27th June 2019.
- We are looking for a cast of approximately 60, including at least 14 children (possibly more) aged between 10 and 16, to work together to put on a high-quality show. Everyone that is cast is as important as another and the commitment is considerable
- Ensemble rehearsals will initially be held on Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons 1:00 to 5:00pm.
- Principals’ rehearsals will be held Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Wednesday and Sunday as required.
- You won't have to be at every rehearsal in the early months of the rehearsal period, and a detailed schedule will be issued at the first rehearsal in January. As we get closer to production week, please be prepared to be present for more rehearsals.
- We hope all auditionees will know if they have been accepted into the cast the week following auditions, with a meet and greet planned on Wednesday 19thDecember.
- Rehearsals will start after the Australia Day Weekend in January 2019.
- SHOW DATES: June 27th - 30th2019, July 3rd– 7th
- PRODUCTION WEEK: (ATTENDANCE COMPULSORY)JUNE 16th– 26th
The Beast master of the castle who used to be a prince
Belle a smart plucky young woman from a provincial town
Cogsworth an English major-domo of the castle who is becoming a mantle clock
Lumiere a French Maitred’ who is becoming a candelabra
Mrs. Potts a cook who is becoming a teapot
Gaston a pompous and dim-witted ladies’ man
Lefou a dim witted lacky to Gaston
Chip Mrs Pott’s son, who is becoming a teacup
Babette a maid who is becoming a feather duster
Madame De La Grande Bouche an opera singer who is becoming a wardrobe
Maurice an inventor and Belle’s father
Monsieur D’Arque proprietor of the lunatic asylum
Young Man a selfish prince
Old Beggar Woman an Enchantress in disguise
Townsfolk various trades and classes including children
Servants household servants who are becoming tableware, utensils and household objects
PLUS an ensemble of children aged between 10-16 years to play various roles including townspeople and enchanted objects
3,285 total views, 60 views today