General Audition Information
- Each adult auditionee will have a 10 minute time slot. Whether you’re auditioning for a principal role or the ensemble, please prepare two contrasting songs in the style of music theatre/Disney.
- You will be required to sing a song you have prepared with either a backing track or piano accompaniment. We may not have time to hear the whole song so if you get stopped it is not a reflection on how well you have done.
- If booking a slot with the accompanist, please bring your sheet music to your audition in a folder ready for the pianist
- You may also be asked to complete a small dance/movement sequence (you will be taught this at the sessions on Thursday night) and read a short section of script if you are looking at a role.
On the day of your audition
- Arrive 15 minutes before your audition time
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Make sure you know your song well. Don’t choose a song that is too difficult or that you have just learned. If it is a song you know well, you will have more confidence in your performance.
- You may be asked to read a small excerpt from the script in your individual audition slot.
- Enjoy yourself and have fun with it!
- Thursday December 13th– All adult auditionees should attend one of these:
- 7pm – 8pm Movement Audition– This is for singers who don’t dance but will need to demonstrate a reasonable level of coordination. These will be basic movement combinations performed in a group during the audition.
- 8pm – 9pm Dancer Audition: This is for the core dancers. We are looking for skilled dancers; acrobatic skills an advantage. During the audition you will be asked to demonstrate skills such as turns and jetes (in pairs) and also perform a short routine in small groups.
- Callbacks (if required) will be held on Sunday December 16th after 7pm or Tuesday December 18th.
- If you are requested to participate in a callback, callback songs & sheet music is available here
If you need help
Fill in the below fields and we’ll get back to you ASAP
741 total views, 37 views today